Diary Of A Broken Home Daughter

2:36 PM The Passion Path 0 Comments



The pain will not go away by getting angry  or bitter, it will go away when you learn to accept life's challenges with grace and ease -Leon Brown-

I'm coming from a broken home family," coming" , it means I wasn't born to be broken home since I was a kid but the broken home just happened 3-4 year ago when my parents decided to separate. If you ask me what is broken home? Broken home: a family in which the parent is separated or divorced. Yes my parents have divorced because my father left us and chose to live with another woman. My parents once fell in love each other and had kids. Not only one but three. I can imagine how they used to love each other until they had 3 children. But life has changed, changed their situation and changed their feelings. After being together for a long time their marriage ended. When you ask me how I feel about it, of course I will tell you that it has hurt me and my family, that it has pissed me off, and given me a deep wound inside my heart. I'm the favorite child of my father since I was a kid. And this event has stuck me between 2 people I love. I chose to live with my mother, I mean I don't live with her everyday anyway, because I work on another island. But I chose mom as my stop-over house because mother is everything to me.

Sometimes I ask myself and God or this universe why it happened to me, why it's so unfair, why we're not like other happy families, I ask those questions to myself many times. I even hide my feelings to many people because I feel ashamed as you know that children from a "broken home" is a negative thing or still taboo in Indonesia  even though I didn't do anything wrong. It's just adult problems between my mom and my dad. It's something that happened that we can't control in our lives. 

 "Suffering is part of our training program for becoming wise" -Ram Dass-

This situation gave me a great pain, feelings of depression and trauma. It changed my personality, character, and my thinking about relationships. It doesn't mean I'm broken, I'm still a strong woman who lives with happiness and grateful in a "broken home" family, I'm still the favorite child of my father, I'm still a daughter who loves my mom and dad very much . Like I said, we can't control what happens in our lives  but we can control how we react with what happens. There's  advice from an article I have read. We can accept, surrender, and move on. We don’t have to attach our happiness or sense of self to everything that happens in our lives. Yeah, now I try to accept everything that happens, good and bad, happiness and sadness, love and hurt, all senses. All incredible things will happen if we learn to accept and let go of the suffering. Let's be happy :D
" Hug harder. Laugh louder. Smile bigger. Love longer" -Unknown-

"When one door of happinese closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. -Helen Keller-





0 comments: